How to stop pop up ads?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you stop those annoying pop up ads and those equally annoying pop ups telling me I have won an amazing prize?
My browser is google chrome, I have been in to settings and disabled pop up ads, but still they appear.

Sponsored Links
It seems that adblocksplus, is already installed. As I followed the link and click to download and information message suggested that this program was already existing on my system.
So how do I utilise this program?

Sponsored Links
Go into chromes settings then extensions and just ensure it is enabled thats all I have done.

Check what cookies you have stored. Seems some pop-ups are being loaded through some cookies.

I clean up the cookies every day by going into history and clearing all history.

In my opinion, I'd stay well away from Chrome. It's always working so hard in the background, gathering your info and targeting you appropriately and accordingly. It uses up RAM and puts pressure on your machine and its fan. I'd stay with Firefox. Just my opinion

Have you tried cleaning up your system as well as your browser and history?

A few free system cleanup programs are available.

cccleaner (run the system cleaner + registry cleaner)
AVG free antivirus
malwarebytes
search and destroy

Download them all (they are free) and give them a run to see if you find anything untoward on your pc.
I use this combination and it has served me well.

Sponsored Links
Back