Plumber says we have a Header tank.. But i don't think we do. Any advice?

What make and model is the boiler and is there a pressure gauge on it?

If so what is it showing?

As said a limited amount of combi boilers can be run unsealed but it's unusual
Its a glowworm ultimate 3c. I am not at home at the moment but will check the pressure gauge when i get home. It was serviced 3 weeks agough and he said everything was fine.
 
I would ask for another plumber just because of his attitude. There are plenty of arris holes around, especially in the trades, and you seem to have got one
We are. He told a joke/'jokey' comment which i'd missed about plumbers of a certain colour. -_- Def don't want him in the house.
 
We have a cistern IN the room with the toilet attached to the chain.

Right. Clearer now, I think.

Your toilet has a cistern which they all do (well 99%).

But no cistern in the loft!

Your bidet is really what's known as a washlet. I would imagine that as part of an SS install that the product would be WRAS approved? They need to be, so I would check this out.

Do you have a link to the product they have suggested?
If it uses water from the high level cistern above the toilet, then this will have the air gap required to prevent back flow.
 
I meant to say the Bidet isn't a stand alone one it's apart of a toilet seat that fits over the toilet. Not sure if that makes any difference?
Do you know the make and model?

As above to meet/get approval of UK Water Regs (WRAS) an air-gap type AB is required inside the bidet toilet seat... one example is https://www.bidet-shower.co.uk/bide...KojQQKFFL2TEm7trcG7Spyjx90jM141xoCq40QAvD_BwE this by Toto (£1468 inc VAT)... and needs an electrician as much as (if not more than) a plumber to install it.

Such bidets must NOT be plumbed from such a (low or high level) cistern... that water store will be most unhygienic!
 
Do you know the make and model?

As above to meet/get approval of UK Water Regs (WRAS) an air-gap type AB is required inside the bidet toilet seat... one example is https://www.bidet-shower.co.uk/bide...KojQQKFFL2TEm7trcG7Spyjx90jM141xoCq40QAvD_BwE this by Toto (£1468 inc VAT)... and needs an electrician as much as (if not more than) a plumber to install it.

Such bidets must NOT be plumbed from such a (low or high level) cistern... that water store will be most unhygienic!
He said it would need to be plumbed in from the mains using a T-bar from the feed. (not the cistern itself.) The electrician was supposed to come around a few days ago but he's scheduled to come Monday. Sadly, i don't have the make or model. It was in their 'show room' when my mother went two months ago to see if they could help. It looks VERY similar to that linked one though. I can't be sure of the model though I'm sorry.
 
Right. Clearer now, I think.

Your toilet has a cistern which they all do (well 99%).

But no cistern in the loft!

Your bidet is really what's known as a washlet. I would imagine that as part of an SS install that the product would be WRAS approved? They need to be, so I would check this out.

Do you have a link to the product they have suggested?
If it uses water from the high level cistern above the toilet, then this will have the air gap required to prevent back flow.

Ah my mistake sorry. The lady at the showroom and the plumber both said Bidet so I thought it was the same.

Sadly no, it was just on show and she showed my mum and I it and that was it. I've once again been into the loft (to clear it incase they need to get into the loft and just to have a sort out) and I still can not see a tank etc anywhere. If it doesn't have a tank will it not be able to be fitted?
 
Do you know the make and model?

As above to meet/get approval of UK Water Regs (WRAS) an air-gap type AB is required inside the bidet toilet seat... one example is https://www.bidet-shower.co.uk/bide...KojQQKFFL2TEm7trcG7Spyjx90jM141xoCq40QAvD_BwE this by Toto (£1468 inc VAT)... and needs an electrician as much as (if not more than) a plumber to install it.

Such bidets must NOT be plumbed from such a (low or high level) cistern... that water store will be most unhygienic!

??
 

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.


Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

 
Back
Top