Plumbers merchant own brand inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just had plumbers merchant's own brand system cleaner in the system. I'm just about to add thermostatic valve to rads, then flush and add x400. (After advice from others) then flush.

Then I will need to add inhibitor. I bought own brand inhibitor, but is this ok, or should I get x100?

Cheers, Camerart.

Sponsored Links
Don't stint, not worth it.
I spoke to a Fernox chemist off guard about their inhibitors, years ago. At the time they were selling one to Wickes to flog, which was cheaper. You could tell it was Fernox from the Cossh sheets.
So I said what's the difference, and he said
"The missing ingredients", with a wide grin.

All manner of odd effects has been reported , vaguely accusing inhibitors. Don't rememberone moaning about X100 though. Annoying really, I'm sure others are fine, we just have very little information beyond a couple of chemicals.

The reality is that we are not told whats in these inhibitors.

Most systems would be no different without it.

But pros are required to treat a system to the BS standards.

I normally use X100

I never use any own brands!

Tony

Most systems are best with only a very little, as Tony has said.
Own brand inhibitors are made by the big names in the game & re-branded.
I know a guy in the industry & he agrees with me it's a con. There's little or no market for the stuff in Germany.

Sponsored Links
Thank you all for your replies.

The chemical I've bought might be fine, and buying a slightly more expensive brand one might be a con, but I think a brand one might be more sensible. So I'll get some.

Cheers, Camerart.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back