1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Plumbers Putty or Plumbers Mait to fix soil pipe leak?

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by popster, 12 Jan 2017.

1. popster

popster

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    hi i've just noticed that the toilet has just began to leak only when i flush - it has a back soil pipe so i can see the leak coming from the joint.

my neighbour give me some "everbuild" plumbers putty but i've read that "plumbers mait" would be better - can anyone please advise?

the bathroom urgently needs refurbished so i just need a temp repair to last a few months.

cheers

2. Sponsored Links
  3. If it's a quick temporary fix then denso tape will do if the leak is from the pan connector - might be worth checking the flush pipe as they leak more often

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hugh Jaleak

Hugh Jaleak

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Wear disposable gloves if using denso tape, good stuff but filthy to work with!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local