Plumbers seem........

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To be getting a lot of mentions in this section ........John dumb disparagingly referred to me as an old plumber beats being an old fart like him ........but I'm not a plumber........

What's surprising is the debt we owe to the victorians for the sewer systems, the low mortality rate we enjoy is courtesy of the sanitation systems started and built by the victorians and still used today.

Bazalgette I salute you !!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/bazalgette_joseph.shtml

Einstein is quoted as saying " If I had my time again I'd be a plumber "

Ah well tea over back on our heads !!!!

Sponsored Links
Poor old gasbag is off on one of his many obsessions.

I don't know why he likes to keep drawing attention to them with his false claims.

We should all be given medals Gasbanni or some other form of recognition for our services to the country :)

Lets face it we were into recycling decades before it became fashionable (?) ;)

We have done more than most for combatting global warming ;)

Saved lives ;)

Yep every time the rest of u take a dump , remember / think of us ;)

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
An old plumber once told me that there's nothing to plumbing. All you have to remember, he said with a wink, is that "hot water rises, and $h!t runs down hill".

Seriously, plumbers get a lot of bad press. However, if a family doesn't have running hot and cold water, effective waste water removal or heating in the winter, even just for hours not necessarily days, then they will realise that a plumber is the trade that they can least do without for basic survival. It's not for no reason that there aren't any 24 hour, emergency plasterers or chippys. Just remember that when you're admiring his ar$e crack as he roots around under your kitchen sink. ;) (y)

Last edited:
Seriously, plumbers get a lot of bad press. However, if a family doesn't have running hot and cold water, effective waste water removal or heating in the winter, even just for hours not necessarily days, then they will realise that a plumber is the trade that they can least do without
And its always nice to know there is a builder handy to dig their trenches, clear up the mess and fix the holes they leave behind.

It's not for no reason that there aren't any 24 hour, emergency chippys.
Wanna bet? I can't remember calling any plumbers when my mates (missus) shop door and window were smashed in? I don't remember calling a plumber when me Ma's chimney plinth crashed through her roof. You put a bit too much value on yourselves do you plumbers. Come down a peg or two eh boyo.
http://www.emergencybuilders.co.uk/?page_id=47

Last edited:
And its always nice to know there is a builder handy to dig their trenches, clear up the mess and fix the holes they leave behind.

Let's not forget "Drag their knuckles along the ground as they walk"..

Still, builders are far more useful than the likes of JohnD and Himaginn who seem to serve no useful purpose whatsoever..

Still, builders are far more useful than the likes of JohnD and Himaginn who seem to serve no useful purpose whatsoever..
Pot, kettle, black?
upload_2016-9-30_15-50-40.png

upload_2016-9-30_15-50-52.png

Bazalgette’s great-great-grandson is Sir Peter Bazalgette, the TV tycoon who created ‘The Big Brother’ reality series.

So still in the family excrement-pumping business.

Bazalgette’s great-great-grandson is Sir Peter Bazalgette, the TV tycoon who created ‘The Big Brother’ reality series.

So still in the family excrement-pumping business.
Ah! A relation of yours then..

It's so sweet that Corgi Oscar is still enjoying his hobby as Troll.

Sponsored Links
Back