Plumbing a bath - gravit fed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just removed a shower tray from my bathroom to fit a bath. Currently the bathroom toilet and sink cold feeds are mains fed. Both hot and cold feeds for the shower are gravity fed via the cold water tank in the loft and the hot water tank. I believe this to be correct. What i want to know is to fit an plumb a bath, where do my hot and cold feeds come from? At a guess i was going to have it the same as my sink, being cold water mains fed and hot water from storage tank?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The hot comes from the cylinder, the cold can come from the mains or the tank. If both supplies come from the tank then you will have an even flow.

The sink is mains feed as you will wash your teeth with this water and is drinkable, I don't think you will be drinking the bath water

Andy

Ok,

thanks for the response, thats made things easier...and as you say using tank fed hot and cold the pressure will be balanced!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back