plumbing in power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am planning to install a 2nd power shower over bath Can i branch off the current hot & cold bath feeds? System is gravity fed. There is another power shower in another room currently fed directly from cold water tank and off top of hot water tank

Sponsored Links
I have not purchased yet - will chose one best suited to this type of supply if it can be used - any suggestions ?

most power shower say own supply from cylinder or you can tee off the
horizontal or vertical hw supply pipe below the vent.

they do still work if taken from the tap supplies to say the bath.
as that is no real difference to teeing into the hw supply just below the vent pipe.

but i always like to stick to the mi's and stick to a dedicated hw/cold supply.

Sponsored Links
most power shower say own supply from cylinder or you can tee off the
horizontal or vertical hw supply pipe below the vent.

they do still work if taken from the tap supplies to say the bath.
as that is no real difference to teeing into the hw supply just below the vent pipe.

but i always like to stick to the mi's and stick to a dedicated hw/cold supply.
Good ole Seco,look at? warwick,surrey and essex,these might help your problem

current shower is tee'd off vent pipe just below the feed in from top of hot water cylinder -cold direct feed from storage tank.I could do the same but just trying to keep it simpler so long as it would work from bath tap supply. Can you take two feeds off the vent pipe?

yes you can take another feed from the hw supply providing its below the horizontal pipe. which it more likely is.

Yes current feed is below horizontal pipe - so I quess I can put another tee in below this and run up into loft over landing and down into bathroom? and again tee off current dedicated cold supply under tank for 2nd shower ? could go under floor to bathroom with both but a bit more difficult - would this be better?

Yes current feed is below horizontal pipe - so I quess I can put another tee in below this and run up into loft over landing and down into bathroom?
yes

and again tee off current dedicated cold supply under tank for 2nd shower ? could go under floor to bathroom with both but a bit more difficult - would this be better?

should really be off it own supply from the cws.

Ok so nearly sorted - take another tee off vent pipe in similar position to now-put in new cold feed from tank and can I run hw feed up into loft and down again to new site? Sorry you have already answered this!

yes
but on the hot fit a bleed vent on the highest point.
as where the pipe gos up and over will be an air trap when ever the water is drained etc.
so makes it easy to bleed rather than sucking the hell out of the pipe.

I think I've got it - did you mean both current & new hw might suffer from air trap -as where the pipe gos up and other will be an air trap - did not quite understand the other?

sorry over any pipework that gos up/over should be vented as its an air trap.

thumb screw air vent.
blr23.jpg

Thank you very much "seco" - all clear now over & out. The picture was really helpful thanks again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back