Plumbing a bathroom from scratch DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will soon be ripping out the rest of my bathroom in order to replace it with all new and change the basic layout. As i will be doing most of this myself, I intend to use a mixture of copper and plastic.

I need to buy in as much as possible of the required piping to get this started so i was hoping for some tips as to what i may need.

The bathroom is supplied by a combi boilier valiant eco tec.

ill need to connect in cold and hot feeds for the sink and bath/shower, the bath/shower will be a P shaped shower bath also the toilet water supply will need to be connected.

what are the normal sizes of pipe used to supply water to the bath sink and shower?

are there any do's and donts for connecting up the shower when its in close proximity to the taps?

I was looking to mount the taps in the wall, can anyone tell me where to get taps and a back plate to allow this as most of what i can find are taps that screw into the bath instead, bust as the shower and bath are on a stud wall, it seems to me it would be easier to fit to the wall instead for access

Sponsored Links
You don't have a sink in a bathroom - you have a basin (yes - they are different!)

If you're connecting to a combi then 15mm feeds to all appliances.
Connections to bath will be 3/4"/15mm tap connectors
Connections to basin and WC cistern will be 1/2"/15mm
Shower will usually be 1/2"/15mm

Feeds to all appliances should be mains (assuming that you have no loft tanks left - if you have now's the time to disconnect, drain & remove)

All feeds should have local isolators (full bore, 1/4 turn)

A few taps here - just make sure you don't buy 'cheap & cheerful' - stick with a brand so that spares are available when you need them in a few years
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=wall mounted taps uk

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back