Plumbing a shower valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,

I have been installing my bathroom bit by bit, and last thing before the decoration is the shower. I have the tiled walls part of the enclosure up and ready, and intended to fit the shower thermostatic valve, a Pura BV05 and riser and shower head before putting up the glasswork.

I admit I am at a loss as to how to fix the valve? I can see to plumb into it, but don't know how it fixes to the tiled wall? I looked up Pura, and it just gave dimensions of the product, http://www.purabathrooms.com/print/index.php?q1=40&q2=4

I looked up youtube videos of similar stuff and they seem to have a fixing plate that goes over the protruding pipework, but this doesn't seem to account for or have that option?
Please excuse my ignorance, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, either with an explanation or a video?
The walls consist of tiles, cement board and then framework, so not thick at all.

This is the valve loosely assembled.
//media.diynot.com/186000_185097_73901_23180167_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
So I bung the offset threaded parts that came with the valve, install that unit behind my wall with the threaded parts poking through, with enough room for the covers and nuts, spacing it from behind?

Then plumb into it and put the valve on the front?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back