Plumbing advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

I need some advice, as i've spoken to a number of people and all have given me completely different answers! grrrr

Ok so I have a small bathroom which i am looking to refurbish, one thing is that i have a large (9 inch square) boxing section in the corner of the room which has the soil vent pipe in it, which then goes up into the loft space. ( it doesn't go outside!) The house was built in 1997.

I have heard that there is a "vent" I can get that means that I can get rid of this section of pipe and thus the boxing in section. Is this "vent" an AAV? Also one person told me that this device would have to be above the highest draining point? (guessing basin) is this correct, because I also met a person that had put this device under his bath, when he had a basin draining into the same pipe.

I'm not a plumber in any way, I can do simple plumbing tasks thats about my expertise, but i like to know what i'm talking about when speaking to workman, so if anyone can help, any advise would great.

Thanks

Mike

Sponsored Links
I have heard that there is a "vent" I can get that means that I can get rid of this section of pipe and thus the boxing in section. Is this "vent" an AAV?

Floplast now do an internal AAV that can be fitted as long as the highest waste into the soil pipe is at least 200mm below the valve. That`s the branch into the soil stack not the highest point anymore. The AAV must be accessible.

Legion";p="1295583 said:
Floplast now do an internal AAV that can be fitted as long as the highest waste into the soil pipe is at least 200mm below the valve. That`s the branch into the soil stack not the highest point anymore. The AAV must be accessible.

mmm interesting i will need to investigate that, you wouldn't happen to know what model it is do you?

Thanks for your help

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back