Plumbing for "flush fit toilet"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've made a slight boob redoing my bathroom. Without realising I bought a flush fit toilet and am having problems with the plumbing.

I knew after I tiled the wastes would be at different heights and it was suggested on here to get an offset connector. That's fine but now the waste pipe isn't long enough. I was thinking of using a straight connector with extension piece and connect that to the pan, then connect the offset to the waste pipe. Trouble is when I push the toilet in I can't see if the pipes have lined up properly and will connect. Do I just make sure my measurements are correct and push it? How much extra should I leave on the extension to enter the connector?

The bigger problem is the water supply. The pipe goes into the bottom of the cystern but this is all sealed within the toilet pan. Currently where the pipe comes out of the wall is in the way. I will have to move it so it comes out above the watse but how do I fit a shut off valve? The only way I can see is to make an access panel in the plasterboard next to the toilet, but I am worried this will look crap.

Sponsored Links
i cheated and used a flexi waste

as they can be stretched out,
get it connected to the pan and the soil pipe while away from the wall,
when you push it back, the pipe will contract up again.

View media item 37941 View media item 37942 View media item 37943
unfortunately i had to box mine off from the wall,
one because the mains cold and downstairs hot run at skirting board,
and 2, a 70 mm overhanging pvc window sill !!!

still work in progress as i've got to box off for the new basin.

Why can't you use a straight extension into the waste pipe then fit the offset into that, then that'll push straight onto your pan.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I though about a flexi watse but I had that they weren't recommended due to stuff gettting stuck in the ribs.

Why can't you use a straight extension into the waste pipe then fit the offset into that, then that'll push straight onto your pan.

I could do that yes, I was concerned because I wouldn't be able to see the pipes connecting. Worried that I will flush and get a shower downstairs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back