Plumbing for Heat Pump Tumble Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Hotpoint heat pump tumble dryer. This currently drains into the internal bottle however I'm hoping to plumb it in for convenience.

I've already bought the genuine extension hose from Hotpoint which is 1.5m long:
https://parts.hotpoint.co.uk/product/all_models/all_parts/C00279043

My washing machine and tumble dryer are next to each other, with the washing machine to the left of the dryer. The existing standpipe is the far side of the washing machine so the hose as it stands is not long enough to be able to connect things up and then slide the tumble into place. I don't think there is room behind the washing machine to extend the 40mm waste pipe and fit a dedicated standpipe for the tumble.

Firstly, given the rubber pipe has an internal diameter of around 8mm and the bottle inside the tumble dryer will last a couple of drying cycles, I'm assuming there's never a huge volume of water being pumped out. Would it be sufficient to run a "standpipe" for the tumble using overflow pipe and drop the rubber pipe into the top of that?

Secondly, how are these rubber pipes actually meant to be connected to a drain? It's far too small to be able to connect to an appliance drain under a sink, nor does it come with a U-shaped "hook" to run it into a standpipe, and is too small to use one of the hooks designed for the corrugated waste pipe from a washing machine. I assume so long as it's supported sufficiently to hold it in place it'll be fine but wondered how one was "meant" to install?

Sponsored Links
Is it not in the instructions on how they want it to be installed?

Is it not in the instructions on how they want it to be installed?
Nope. All they say is what's on the attached.

They don't even suggest buying Hotpoints genuine extension hose, or tell you what size it is, but instead say "it is possible to buy and connect a tube of the same diameter and the necessary length"!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211010-163722.png
    Screenshot_20211010-163722.png
    714.4 KB · Views: 215
Sponsored Links
It must be pumped, just looking at the diagram and it says it can share a standpipe with a washer. The fact that it rises up, before dropping into a standpipe, makes for a conventional U, that you find on a washer drain.

I took the pipe from the dryer and shoved it inside the extension hose. Held together with a jubilee clip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back