Plumbing for Shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I will be redoing the bathroom shortly and I'm after some advice really on the best way to plumb in a shower

at the moment the existing shower was fitted by an idiot and put it right in the corner where you can't easily reach it then brought the water supply from one corner of the bathroom (this was tastefully boxed in with some square guttering) into the loft diagonally across the loft the back down through the ceiling round two 90 elbows to bring the water in from the bottom ( I have no idea why he didn't bring it from the top). Anyway I have been instructed by the wife that she wants the pipework hidden.

Is there normally enough space to keep the pipework hidden in the shower if it comes in from the bottom or top. Or do you end up with a really small piece of pipe for the shower to connect to.

Which is the best entry top, bottom or from the back

Are all showers connected to the inlet via compression fitting

Looking at the instruction manuals for Triton, Bristan and so on it is quite hard to work out exactly how much space you have in the shower

Also when it mentions about solder joints near a shower I assume that it is saying don't solder with the shower connected to the copper pipe and not don't have a solder joint near the shower inlet.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you fitting an electric shower? if so the plumbing is pretty straight forward and will depend on the model you get. You should choose the shower you want and layout the plumbing accordingly. The connections for the showers can vary between push-fit and compression.
You also need to make sure that the electrical side is done properly, but you know that already don't you ;) .

Yes it will be an electric shower, and the electrics are sorted don't worry.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back