Plumbing for toilet and american fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am doing some of the initial plumbing for a new understairs toilet to go in and finally plumbing in my american style fridge freezer. I plan to take a cold feed the 22mm mains that comes into the house and runs through my first floor ceiling cavity. I am comfortable turning off the mains etc. I wanted to ask if I should consider putting a pressure reducing valve when I tee off from the 22mm as I have very high mains pressure and I wanted to reduce the noise of the toilet cistern filling up through the pipes. I'm planning to run a 15mm from the 22mm and then tee off to the fridge freezer before it feeds the toilet.

I'd appreciate any comments or advice on this approach.

Sponsored Links
You need to know what the pressure is before deciding whether it needs reduced or not, anything below 3 then I wouldn't worry about it. Modern Toilet fill valves have removeable inserts that delay start/reduce flow & pressure when the mains pressure is high, not sure if yours will have that or not. Worth checking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back