plumbing in basin mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have recently tried to install a new basin and mixer tap in my bedroom, i have placed isolater valves on the hot/cold pipes and used flexi-pipes from the valves to the mixer tap but the problem is the hot tap has a very poor flow but the cold tap is fine with no issues, the water flow coming out of the isolator valve is no problem and the same with just the flexi-pipe but as soon as i connect it to the mixer tap the water flow just slows right down (on the hot). any advice???

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have gravity hot mains cold.
Shut your main stopcock see if the cold stops, if it does your on mains cold.

Your mixer is more likely for mains pressure not low pressure ie gravity fed.
You'll need a low pressure mixer tap.

Thanks for the replies, yes when I turn the stopcock off the cold does go off, I think I will probably have to change the tap, the flexi-pipe needs to be turned/twisted to get it onto the mixer tap, unless there's another way?

The lower the number the better flow you'll have. ie 0.1 is better than 0.2 on gravity.

Screw the flexis in the base of mixer, fit mixer then join to iso valves then you won't twist and damage the flexi hose.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back