Non-Concussive / Auto stop basin mixer tap recommendation - Picture

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all,

An elderly relative has recently started to leave the basin mixer tap turned on and thereby has drained the hot water cylinder on a few occasions. I am thinking of plumbing in a replacement mixer tap that switches off automatically. Can anyone recommend such a tap please?

Attached is a picture of the existing plumbing supplies. What size pipe is feeding the isolation valve and would the flexi pipe supplied with the tap fit the fitting?

Many thanks.

Mutley56

Attachments

• Tap.jpg
    Tap.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 164
Sponsored Links
That's a 15mm pipe with a standard 15mm ballofix on the end. Whether your new tap fits this or not depends on what it comes with.

I'd suggest an infra-red sensor tap rather than a non-concussive one - elderly people can struggle to push the button hard enough on NC taps to operate them

Thanks muggles.

Can anyone recommend a good auto stop tap of this type please?

Thanks in advance.

mutley56

Thanks muggles.

Can anyone recommend a good auto stop tap of this type please?

Thanks in advance.

mutley56

Hard to recommend as there are hundreds of different styles and price ranges. Best off googling infra red mixer taps and then have a look through.

Post up some links to ones that you like the look of and suit the price range and we can give you some advice and suggestions based on your choices then.

Jon

Sponsored Links
Fitted a whole load of these in a primary school where the kids weren't washing their hands as they couldn't turn the taps on. Two years later every single one is still working perfectly, and the kids are forever washing their hands as they love the novelty of a sensor tap, so they get a huge amount of use! Fitted them as battery-operated units - wiring in a bathroom is a nightmare

I remember seeing ads for a device which allowed water to flow for a while and then automatically shut off, it was a sort of stopcock, don't know if it worked on continuous time or volume of water. I thought it a cunning idea that would deal with people who leave taps running or with burst pipes. Haven't seen it recently.

I remember seeing ads for a device which allowed water to flow for a while and then automatically shut off, it was a sort of stopcock, don't know if it worked on continuous time or volume of water. I thought it a cunning idea that would deal with people who leave taps running or with burst pipes. Haven't seen it recently.
Autostopcock. I've fitted one, and it works very well. Not really suitable here though - wouldn't want to leave the elderly relative with no water at all, especially in this heat

does it have to be manually reset after closing?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back