Plumbing in floor waste for freestanding bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am plumbing in a roll top bath that sits on feet. It's a first floor bathroom.

I have a chrome waste that loops to go through the floor. The wastes under the floor are solvent fit. The chrome waste comes with a compression fitting to join to the floor waste.

How do I join this all up and ensure no leaks? I'm thinking. Install solvent fit, lay floor board (chipboard) and leave board next to this out. Fit chrome pipe with compression fitting as I can access it from underneath due to missing board. Then I can fit the floor and then put bath on top and connect up waste to bottom?

Does this make sense?

Sponsored Links
Yeah it makes sense but my fear would be whether the position is exactly right for the solvent weld, given it's not adjustable.
If you've got doubts, you could always get a decent quality compression joint to connect the next bend to give you some wriggle room m
Having said that I used solvent just about everywhere in our place and didn't really have many errors to cut out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back