Problems plumbing a roll top bath!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello - I'm new here - long time lurker but just registered as I could really do with some advice.

I bought a roll top bath and am trying to fit it into my bath room but I think that I am missing a bit!

There is the plastic waste pipe that is coming out of the floor and a chrome P trap waste under the bath. Trouble is that they don't fit together - the chrome waste is a bit too small.

I am thinking that there must be some sort or adapter pipe missing but have no idea what it is called of if I can buy one? Any ideas? Thank you! :D

Sponsored Links
Measure the pipe, it may be 1 1/4" pipe used for W.H basins, it should be 1 1/2 for a bath, 1 1/4" is unsuitable for a bath and should be replaced.

Sounds like you need a Mac alpine multi fit connector :idea: If you`re anywhere near Eastbourne - go to The Plumber`s Mate with the 2 pipes/sizes . They are the most helpful store in the town !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back