Roll top bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I connect my roll top bath ?
I have a new Roll top bath and I am installing the new pipe work for it.
The taps are mounted in the centre so do I fit flexible hoses and run the pipe work up the wall behind the bath connect and slide the bath back connecting the waste last. ?
Or
Do I fit copper tails on the bath taps and connect underneath when it in place. ?
Also as under the bath is visible I assume I can get a nice Crome trap and waste pipe ?
How is this all done without everything being visable ?

Sponsored Links
Do I fit copper tails on the bath taps and connect underneath when it in place. ?

Thats the way i would do it

Also as under the bath is visible I assume I can get a nice Crome trap and waste pipe ?
yes you can, Google it or go to your local plumbers merchants

How is this all done without everything being visable ?
Just like you said me thinks :D

I was a bit concerned that connecting under the bath would be difficult to reach and make connections and as the bath is directly opposite the bathroom door I didn't want anything to be seen. ?
Would the waste look better going into the floor or just horizontally as with the normal method. ?

Sponsored Links
Waste under the floor where possible, and yes connecting the pipes will not be so easy that way, but it will look better, did you get any instructions with the bath, or have you got some pictures you could put up?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back