VictoriaPlumb roll top bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I recently bought a Shakespeare Roll Top bath from VictoriaPlumb and chose their 'Roll top bath waste kit A' to go with it - I liked the pop-up plug and the look of the smart chrome pipes as they will be visible.
However, I'm really confused as to how it all connects up - can you help?!

The kit can be seen here:
http://www.victoriaplumb.com/Roll_Top_Bath_Waste_A.html

I'm guessing that the one piece (the bottom one in their photo) fixes to the bath overflow hole, and the pipe from this goes vertically into the other piece (the top one in their photo) which connects under the bath's plughole. But then, where do you put a P trap? Do you need a P trap? If the P trap attaches to these pieces under the main plug hole, surely smells can still come up through the overflow hole? AND, what would you connect to the end of the knuckle-joint pipe that will stick out the back of the bath?

I'm confused, if anyone can shed any light on this or has used the kit and can show me a photo of it all connected up that would be brilliant!

Thanks in advance :confused:

Sponsored Links
What would normally happen is;;

You fit a chrome elbow on the end of the pipe, followed by another chrome elbow and a length of pipe to waste, this forms the trap.

Or, you can buy running traps in chrome.

or, you could but an HepVo dry trap.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back