Plumbing in the loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need to run some pipework in my loft and I'm wondering if there are any guidelines for doing this to avoid the pipes getting accidentally damaged. I'm thinking that if I fix the pipes to the tops of the joists and then insulate with fibreglass they may get trodden on by mistake in the future.

Is it best to run next to the nodes of the trusses or at high level so that they can be seen?

TIA

Jever

Sponsored Links
They need to be under the insulation to ensure they don't freeze or well wrapped in good quality insulation and clip them to the top of the rafters over the insulation so they are easily seen and wrap them with coloured hazard tape

Jever, good evening.

At one time, a long time ago it was advised to lift the loft insulation up and over the pipes to ensure that they did not freeze?

If it were me??? I would run on top of the joists, well wrapped in a good pipe insulation, if not double wrapped then wrap this insulation with a warning tape?

As a rule, when the plumber runs such pipes, all he is concerned about it to run the pipes, lag them and run?

Ken

Sponsored Links
or just run them under insulation in an area you'll never walk?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back