Plumbing System Total Modernisation (Breakdown Help Needed)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We intend to renovate our 1930s 3 bed semi, nothing was changed from when it was originally built, it’s in disrepair and needs total modernization.
Before contracting a local business we would like to understand the cost and work involved.

We have very little understanding of building and don’t want to get unfairly charged.
We would like to have a good idea of the work that will have to be done and the costs.

It would be extremely helpful if someone can help us create a breakdown, specifically:
-labour
-materials
-work involved

Here’s an overview:
We would like to completely replace the old system which includes:
-a back boiler
-all the piping (which is all lead)
-radiators etc
-please include in the breakdown anything else you expect would most
likely have to be done

Thank you in advance,
C

Sponsored Links
My best advice is to get 3 quotes on the work that you need doing and then you can compare prices. Getting a ball park figure on here will not help you much as a lot more detail would be required.
Where is the property in London? I may be able to help.

Steve

We have very little understanding of building and don’t want to get unfairly charged.
We would like to have a good idea of the work that will have to be done and the costs.

It would be extremely helpful if someone can help us create a breakdown, specifically:
-labour
-materials
-work involved

Here’s an overview:
-a back boiler
-radiators etc
likely have to be done

Thank you in advance,
C
Just send me a cheque for £100 and I`ll give you a quote ....they are "free quotes" like "Free fitting" you will get when you have replacement windows :rolleyes: :LOL: :LOL:

-labour
-materials
-work involved

Here’s an overview:
-a back boiler
-radiators etc
likely have to be done

Thank you in advance,
C

Do you really think someone is going to or can sit and work out a cost and give you a complete breakdown on work in a house they have never seen for work they have no chance of doing as a gesture of goodwill :?:

Sponsored Links
It was not my intention to offend anyone or to take advantage
I just thought it would be a no brainer for your guys.

Anyway Ill contact some local trades people and get some quotes
If they send me any breakdowns I wll post them here and perhaps you can let me know if its a reasonable quote

My sincerest apologies
C

So when you get these quotes and their specifications and post them on here, what do you expect from us? More to the point, what are you going to do with this information? Barter them down? Curious.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back