Plumbing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a problem with the hot water flow which just trickles from all taps. I have flushed cold water back through the pipes to the water tank and for a while we have a normal flow. within about 24hours it gradually reverts back to a trickle again.
When the water does start flowing it spurts through the taps as though there is air trapped.if this could be the case how can I find the source of the trapped air?

Sponsored Links
Roddders said:
Has this been a problem for a long time? What boiler do you have?

It's been a problem for weeks now. I have tried flushing out the pipes, emptied the water tank & re-filled. Every thing I could think of but no luck. I have a Baxi Solo boiler.

Have you checked the cold tank for dead pigeons, rust or scale in the bottom?

How hot is the hot cylinder? Do you have a Powershower?

Sponsored Links
JohnD said:
Have you checked the cold tank for dead pigeons, rust or scale in the bottom?

How hot is the hot cylinder? Do you have a Powershower?

Our cold tank is enclosed in a cupboard, so no foreign objects can have access! Hot cylinder is hot and we do not have a power shower. All pipes seem to be clear, it really does seem like air locks but how could this be?

Probably needs a new ball valve, can't fill the tank as fast as you draw it off therefore dropping the pressure and flow. Would imagine the air is drawn in when you run the tank down to empty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back