Ply alternatives - Wedi / Marmox / No more ply

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
About to tile a bathroom floor 2m x1m with ceramic tiles. The floor has a standard chipboard base.

I want to reduce the step into the bathroom so would like to avoid the 12-18mm plywood route. I have seen No more ply which seems a good, 6mm, althernative but the only stockest I can find charges £50 shipping.
Is Wedi or Marmox a good alternative and what thickness would I need?

Sponsored Links
I have used No more ply in some recent installs and its perfect. Not too heavy and awkward to handle. Thin enough for you to lay on the floor without having to saw a huge amount off the door and has brilliant adhesion to all adhesives. Also easier to cut. Should i mention that its a lot cheaper than others too?

Sponsored Links
Have you tried nomoreply.co.uk ? they can sell it direct. Im in manchester so i dont know where to buy from in your area but they should be able to help.

Yes 6mm is perfectly fine. I bond it using solvent construction adhesive and also screw it to help.

Ive used it on floors and walls and no problems what so ever.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back