pnb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I may have raised this before, has any one any info on a pnb system I have read plenty of descriptions saw plenty diagrams, however in this instance the supply comes to a all steel building and the dno guys say they will not provide an earth, at all, period. I have asked if this can be treated as a TT system all I got was em, eh, no it's a pnb. phoned the head office was told to hang on after I explained what I wanted clarification on, the phone went dead, I have e-mailed, twice, I have now thought of a solution thus: Weld a lug to the steel uprights, 16 mm from CU to lug then out to as many spikes as it takes making it a TT
Dev

Sponsored Links
Hi No it's PNB protected neutral bonding term is used for local pole mounted tranny's
Dev

Sponsored Links
cheers I thought i was on here rocky and that was a good link gary the point of confusion is that it shows an earth link the the N side of the switch ?? cant be right can it
Dev

PNB is a variation of TNS which is used when only one customer is supplied from the transformer. The neutral-earth link instead of being at the DNO fusepanel and connected to the LV substation earthing system, is connected to the customers means of earthing at the MET.

Going by what Shetland says maybe this why they have refused to provide an earth, untill they see what provisions have been made at the installation

Our site is PNB. Although classed as TNC-S is is often mistaken for PME. As this is not the case the tighter constraints of earthing and bonding associated with PME can be ignored.

Ricicle ta for that, I have just found out from the DNO that they will never supply earth to any metal building that houses livestock it must be TT with the ubiquitous 100mA trip why the line guys could'nt say that I will never know would have saved me a shed load of time
Dev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back