Weird Earth Continuity on Ring Main

That still has no use if it were possible. The steel butied in the ground makes no sense as to why the cpc continuity is lower than the line or neutral either :S

Sponsored Links
The steel butied in the ground makes no sense as to why the cpc continuity is lower than the line or neutral either :S
That occurred to me when I first read it, but then I got sidetracked by this IR test nonsense and forgot to discuss it ...

The buried steel could only be an explanation for the low CPC ring resisistance if there were a a second connection (maybe in the name of bonding) from the steel to a different point on the CPC ring, thereby partially bridging that ring. It sounds as if this steel structure represents an extraneous-conductive-part which should have main bonding to the MET. If it does, I wonder whether the op maybe left one end of the CPC ring attached to the earth bar when he did his tests? Alternatively, maybe the steel is bonded directly or indirectly to a point on the CPC ring which is distant from where FCU occurs in the ring.

Kind Regards, John.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back