Point of User Water Heater (Sadia)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an ageing Sadia water heater in the kitchen which has recently started playing up.

It drips constantly from the spout (more than expected from venting) until eventually after several hours the tank is virtually empty, at which point the element cuts out.

If I open the inlet tap, the tank refills as the air is pushed out, and will then start heating up again.

Can anyone explain what is happening here? Ideally with a solution :)

Jez

Sponsored Links
the spout goes to a standing tube inside the heater - the cold water comes in and the hot overspills out through the standing tube :idea: It`s probably leaking into the bottom of the tube - due to age and corrosion - the vessel should remain full - it isn`t, as you said. Basically it`s had it :cry:

Cheers for the reply. So long as I know what's going on I won't waste any time trying to repair it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back