polycarbonate conservotry roof leaking.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had a proper look and it seems to be coz the plastic push fix cover is warped and has several raised wavey bits where the rain gets in when its heavy

can these be brought without the ally bar i need 9 and don't have the money to replace them and need to find a cheap way to fix/stop it leaking before the autumn.
thanks nick

Sponsored Links
Many years ago appx 1989/90 i done a roof with norweigen slate,it was green ish and each slate was 16 or 18 x 12,i must admit these slate appeared to be good.I dont know the cost as the guy sourced the slates himself.Anyone else ever used these and if so what do you think of them and cost?

I don't know of anyone who supplies just the top cap. Generally the top cap is designed to fit the specific base so even if you could get just the top cap they may not work with your base. The only other short term remedy I can think of is to use trimmed down self adhesive flashing and stick it down over the top cap and a couple of inches of the glazing. It doesn't look pretty but should do the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back