Polycarbonate Roof Sheeting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In the roof of a garage we are building we have 6 in number single skinned roof lights.

I would like to try and insulate the roof lights so as to avoid condensation forming on the roof lights and then dripping down on to the floor.

I was thinking about fitting either twin wall or triple wall polycarbonate roof sheeting directly below so as to form a sort of double glazed roof light.

Would this stop the condensation forming ?

Sponsored Links
what would be the source of the condensation?
if you are building the garage can you not put double glazed sealed units instead?

Hi

The garage roof complete with roof lights has already been fitted so I am trying to do something so as to avoid condensation.

When working in the garage water vapour condenses on the underside of the roof lights especially during the winter.

if it has an apex you could install a vent either end to help ventilation
if you do use the polycarbonate you`d have to seal around it somehow as it`s a garage expanding foam would work if you make up a wooden frame slightly smaller than the poly sheet you might find the condensation will shift to the rest of the roof as the sky lights will be better insulated than the rest of the roof!!!

Sponsored Links
Hi

The roof lights are going to be boxed down to the ceiling which will be fitted to the underside of the trusses. The ceiling is then going to be completely insulated with glass wool having being first fitted with a vapour barrier.

Hence the single skinned roof lights are the coldest part of the roof.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back