Polyplumb Stopcock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening.

I am in the process of fitting a new kitchen and need to remove the final old unit, which is the sink unit. Unfortunately for me, the external cold water supply comes up into the house, underneath and through the sink base unit. As a result there is quite a bit of pipework in the sink unit, all of which I'll be replacing.

In order to minimise the hole required to be cut in the base of the unit, I want to remove and replace the stopcock, which also may be necessary as just above the stopcock is a water filter which is also getting replaced (I'm having a RO system instead). If you look at the photo, just below the stopcock are two halves of a connector, the black and white ones. Now I'm not sure what this is connecting together. Is it re-enforcing the polyplumb bottom connector, the one before the actual stopcock, which will make sense since if it breaks here, there will be a lot of water and the only way to stop it would be from the outside meter. Or is it simply something else?

There is a thought with me, that if it is a re-enforcing connector, how did they did it fastened with it being so close to the base of the unit and the stopcock. Anyway, any help or guidance would be gratefully received.

Attachments

• IMG_20240404_210719.jpg
    IMG_20240404_210719.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 26
Sponsored Links
The white is just the nut tightened onto black plastic of stop tap.
Water off loosen nut remove stop tap.
If water service is blue it will be 20mm or 25mm get correct size new stop tap and don't forget insert.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back