Polyplumb UFCH Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps, I'm looking for a little help with an UFCH system.

The customer complaint is that none of the heating zones appear to be working,

I have been to look at the system, all zone valves are open and the boiler is firing.
There is hot water as far as the mixing valve but it doesnt seem to travel any further, the flow manifold remains cold.

Is there any positive test I can do to eliminate the mixer valve as the problem or have I already done that?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Obvious questions but need to be asked ...

Flow meters reading 0 ... are they actually open?
All manifold valves open?
Manifold bled?
How are the zones on the manifold controlled, control centre with thermal actuators? ... are they being called and activated (voltage check) ... are they actually opening? (button on top rising?)
Pump running?

The valves are definitely open, they do have actuators one top of each valve and they do open and close dependent on the zone thermostat.
The pump is also running. I have checked that the manifold isolation valves are open as well.
The water is hot as far as the mixer valve and I can’t understand where the hot water is going as none of the other pipes are hot!

I have attached a picture.
The pipe from the motorised zone valve is hot but none of the other pipes coming from the mixer valve are hot.

Attachments

• 04DE9298-919D-4F8C-970D-78867AEFC5BA.jpeg
    04DE9298-919D-4F8C-970D-78867AEFC5BA.jpeg
    333.9 KB · Views: 57
Sponsored Links
If you open the hot section drain, do you get hot water?

Do me a favour, check the pump orientation, the flow arrow is heading down isn't it?

If you open the hot section drain, do you get hot water?

Do me a favour, check the pump orientation, the flow arrow is heading down isn't it?
The pump is definitley orientated correctly but I havent checked if there is hot water coming out of the drai. The manifold is cold but I suppose it would be of water isn't moving.
I'll try draining some off when I go back.
Thanks for the help!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back