pool port/pavillion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I am about to start building a carport style building to cover my outdoor pool table ;) I have the design sorted but have a little conundrum, I cannot fix my wood directly to the house as I live in a bungalow and my facias and soffits overhang quite considerably, I thought about an l-shape bracket out of 3"x3" with 45 degree support as per image.

However this seems a little crude, does anyone have any better ideas?
any advice would be greatly recieved
kind regards
tom

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing you haven't shown quite the right detail at the eaves, and that you could actually fix through the facia and connect onto the end of your rafters. Then you wouldn't have all that extra woodwork showing. It'll mean getting a few tiles off and maybe rearranging your gutter system, but it might make the whole job a lot neater.

Thankyou for your reply, I suggested to a friend of mine that I would fasten to the end of the rafters and he looked horrified! Now you have suggested it that's exactly what I will do. The job progressed really quickly today and by fastening to the rafters I should have all the framework up by lunch on Saturday. Thanks again

a very pleased with himself
tom

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back