Built in "cantilever" bench

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm building a section of rendered retaining wall in my garden (from medium density concrete block) that I want to build an "L" shaped bench against in the trendy cantilevered style with no visible supports.

What's the best way to do this? The "long" section is 3m long and has a wall at each end, so it would be easy to build a support frame into the wall, anchored at each end.

The problem I have is with the short end and how to invisibly support that. Presumably an extended cantilevered joist (wood? metal?) could be used through the wall provided it was sufficiently anchored on the other side?

I'm reluctant to use wall brackets as I imagine drilling heavy concrete block isn't the easiest and most accurate process?

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
use some steel bar fixed into the wall (chemical fixing.) drill a corresponding hole in the bench and slide it onto the steel bar.

build in angle iron, left & right hand facings rest bench support timbers
on them, a screw hole in each upright to fix bench,
9 inch wall ?.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back