Poor HW flow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening

Obliged if anyone could offer some guidance.

Problem is poor flow of hot water throughout the house. The water is hot but the flow starts off normallyfor 1-2 seconds, then goes down to a trickle and then picks up slightly but never to what it used to be. Happens on all the hw taps and the shower in ensuite.

First noticed this problem 2-3 weeks ago. Property is a 2 storey 4 bed 9.5 yr old detached house. The boiler -Potterton Suprima 50 located downstairs at rear left of the house. Serviced annually. The hw cylinder - Range Tribune HE is upstairs in rear middle of the house. It has been serviced couple of times but I cant recall when last time was. All taps are mixers apart from downstairs wc. I did have a problem around a year ago when the contoller was looking for hw but the boiler never fired. I changed the powerhead and this solved that. The pressure guage sits around 1.5 when system not running. Was a slight leak on valve in ensuite radiator a while back but I tightened this up. Not been using the CH for several weeks at present. Neighbours dont report any problems with mains. I haven't noticed any leaks nor water damage. I've included some photos. The silver braided hose has always been connected like this. Beneath the cylinder is the pump to the left and then the 2 powerheads. Apologies the flash isn't working on my phone.

I always like to attempt a fix myself but I obviously wouldn't touch the cylinder. Appreciate any help / guidance / checks I could undertake

Regards
Alan

Attachments

• DSC_0113.JPG
    DSC_0113.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSC_0114.JPG
    DSC_0114.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 108
  • DSC_0115.JPG
    DSC_0115.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 92
Sponsored Links
Engage a G3 plumber to attend and service. Not a diy fix on unvented cylinder set up.Probably not what you wanted to hear Alan ,but trust me its what you should do .

Many thanks for responding. I suspected getting a G3 plumber was the next step. Regards, Alan

Sponsored Links
I suspect you do need a G3 engineer Alan, however have you had any work done recently or turned your cold stopcock off? - If so, just check it’s open fully.

Thanks undertained. Yes stopcock is open. I'll get a G3 engineer in

Regards
Alan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back