Poor Plaster Job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had a mate in to plaster my bedroom and ceiling. He worked really hard and done his best but I think it was too big a job for him. :cry:

I have painted it and looking at it at nighttime with the light on has shown up quite a few trowel marks and is quite a poor job.

I have told him and he is coming to have a look tomorrow night (Will he show up?) and hope he has the decency to put right what is needed.

Will it be easy to put this right or will it need another skim.

A shame as he is a nice guy and must be gutted at having worked so hard and have an unhappy customer. :(

Sponsored Links
Is your mate a plasterer Bacho or just a mate who had a go? If he's done his best and the result is not what you want, then I can't see him doing it any better next time. The only way is probably to re-skim it, better that, than trying to sort out bits and pieces here and there. Talk it over with him if he shows up, but I would get someone else to do it who knows the job.

Roughcaster.

He has been a painter and deccy for 30 yrs and said he could plaster to a good standard.

Not happy. :(

artificial light is brutal and unforgiving when presented with a less than perfect ceiling.

did he overskim existing artex or plaster or was he skimming onto new plasterboards?

Sponsored Links
He skimmed existing boards on the walls which had never been plastered and the ceiling was stippled.

I don't think I am being unreasonable expecting a smooth all over finish. :(

Can this be rectified easily :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back