Poor shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all (again),

I need to improve the pressure coming from my shower.It is fed from the heating system cylinder tank which is in the cupboard next to the shower on the same floor.I think thats why the pressure is so low.Could I fit an in-line pump on the hot water pipe feeding the shower?
Any replies greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and gals.

Sponsored Links
The pressure of hot water is nothing to do with height of hot water tank. It is the height of the cold water tank that supplies water to hot tank that determines the pressure. So what height is yours, relative to height of shower rose?

And what about your cold water? Is that direct from the mains or fed from a tank?

In principle you can pump hot water, but there are all sorts of provisos - it's not just a matter of sticking a pump in line.

Hi Chris, thanks for replying.The cold water tank is in the loft which feeds the boiler which feeds the cylinder which is in the cupboard that backs onto the shower.The cold water pressure seems fine.When the bathroom was altered the plumber sugested another tank in the loft or a pump.What next?Cheers

pp said:
The cold water tank is in the loft which feeds the boiler
If you read my post, you will see that I did not ask about the tank that feeds the boiler, but the tank that feeds the hot water tank. It would help if you answer the questions asked.

Sponsored Links
Sorry if I answered incorrectly.It was because there is only one tank in the loft that feeds the boiler and its from here that the feed to the hot water cylinder comes from.The cold water is mains fed in the kitchen with pipes coming off to upstairs bathroom and one to loft for tank in there.Thanks.

So the cold water tank feeding your hot water tank is on top of your hot water tank - have a look - it's called a "fortic" combination tank.

I think the best solution to your pressure problem might be a venturi shower. Do a search on it for more details.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back