pop up waste assembly- help please !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, i have a small cloakroom wall hung bathroom basin and i recently bought a mixer tap with pop up waste. although there wernt any instructions i managed to fathom out what goes where except for one thing.
there is a rod with a knob on the end that pushes through the back of the tap and through to the underneath of the basin. the problem is that this rod enters the tap at an angle and when it enters the underside of the basin it fouls on the body of the basin.
does one need to bend this rod by hand to prevent this happening and then connect it to the secondary rod leading to the ball joint.
i cant see any other way to clear the rod of the basin body.
any help would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Can you move the tap, physically, a touch further back towards the wall :?: Obviously not too far to expose the tap hole :!:

Can you move the tap, physically, a touch further back towards the wall :?: Obviously not too far to expose the tap hole :!:

thanks for taking the time to reply. no i think the tap is back as far as it can go. it seems weird that i got the tap and basin from the same supplier but that the waste pop up linkage doesn't fit.

i have assembled a few pop up wastes but never with this problem.

i have considered bending the chrome plated brass linkage rod to clear the under casting of the basin, what do you think?
cheers
dave

Sponsored Links
Bin the pop-up waste, buy a click waste and fill the hole in the back of the tap with a blob of mastic.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back