Pop-up waste on plastic sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had to replace the monobloc tap on my plastic sink. The sink has a standard plug and overflow.
My plumbers merchant says I cannot fit a pop-up waste to this.
Is this right or can I get a tap with pop-up that will work given the right fittings?

Sponsored Links
are you saying your tap hasn't got a pop up waste or you can't fit a pop up waste to a plastic sink ?

gros10-1.gif

I would like to fit a monobloc tap with pop-up waste to the sink, but am advised that this will not be possible, 'because it is a plastic sink'.

Sponsored Links
Don't always take advice from merchants, while some are a bit savvy there's often a reason they're selling stuff rather than fitting it ;)
I'm no expert on plumbing sinks but as far as I was aware a sink's a sink! fit what you want to it

just reading your post again are you talking about a plastic kitchen sink or a plastic bathroom basin.
if its a kitchen sink then no you can't.

It's a bathroom sink. I believe from Ikea (about 12 years ago).

It has a holes for a monobloc tap, standard waste and overflow.

If I can fit a p-u to it, will it fit a standard waste pipe or do I need a special connection over and above what the tap and p-u come with?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back