POP UP WASTES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all , wonderderd if anyone had any good ideas how to tackle a pop up waste for a semi counter top basin , its one of those with a fat white washer between waste and bottom of sink , problem is that its lovely chromed brass so when the grips go on you have to be careful not to squash the waste , but when its tightened the long lever to pick up the pop up stem that drops down does not line up when the waste reaches its tight spot , also you cant hold the top of the waste because there are no bars across like normal wastes ? thanks for any input :LOL:

Sponsored Links
silicone :D no really you gotta turn the fitting as it is getting near the mark of lining up

mmmm! Silicone... Urinal Fresh!

Not sure what you mean but if I've got you right... You might need to use something like long nose pliers to turn the waste i.e. poke the open 'jaws' through and use to turn but it all depends on how fragile and 'decorative' the waste is. Personally i think they're a nightmare... here come the posts...!!!

Blasphemous said:
mmmm! Silicone... Urinal Fresh!

Not sure what you mean but if I've got you right... You might need to use something like long nose pliers to turn the waste i.e. poke the open 'jaws' through and use to turn but it all depends on how fragile and 'decorative' the waste is. Personally i think they're a nightmare... here come the posts...!!!

I do hate em like the first post said you get so far and then oops your looking at the front of the basin.

But they are easy really its just getting that just right to open and close the plug grrrrrrrr

Sponsored Links
Bin the lot and install a Bristan "clicker" waste ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back