Popup bath waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. New bathroom fitted (ish- think the fitter used his dog to cut the panel edges but that's a story for an episode of Cowboy Bathrooms). Anyway, meat of the question- pop up wastes, does anyone like them and which brand pops the waste up by more than about 6mm (currently the waste doesn't keep up with the shower).

The one fitted would work OK if I could extend the cable inner (or shorten the cover)- if it was operating in a straight line there's about 20mm of movement available on it, soon as you bend it to suit the way the Lone Ranger has set the waste, the available travel drops to about 10mm. There is some scope to refit to reduce the bending but not much........ options are a new one (if you lot know of a brand which works better) or just stick a normal plug on a chain job in

Thanx :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You should be able to adjust the gap, by removing the plug and adjust the screw setting.
First thing I tried, alas doesn't address the problem (not enough travel on the bit that pushes the plug up due to too many bends in the control cable). There are several of this type of cable on my motorcycles, they all have adjusters fitted to overcome this problem. So if there's a popup waste with an adjuster in its cable that's the one I want :)

Is there a brand that doesn't leak?
This one doesn't leak (if I set the screw so it doesn't drain either :) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back