Porcelain polished sealed tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, missus wants a new white sparkly Quartz worktop for the new kitchen and to match that were contemplating what floor tile to use,

I've seen some white polished nano sealed tiles around that are white with a slight pattern but having never bought and/or know anyone with them I'm wondering what experience you have had with them?

From any feedback you have had do they require constant cleaning to stay looking nice, stain easy? Smudge marks? Or are they pretty decent and hard wearing,

Got the obvious concerns with white tiles but a few people have said because of the polished finish they actually clean pretty easy..

Thanks in advance, know it's not a direct tiling trade question but thought someone might of had experience with them

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I've got a black version down in my kitchen. They look very nice.

The cons are that yes, you need to clean them quite a bit to keep them shiny and new looking. If you mop them you don't always get the shine as you end up with marks. I've been on hands and knees after mopping to wipe the residue off with kitchen towel.... much to the amusement of the wife! Also, the seal isn't scratch proof, any grit on shoes can leave scratches. The odd one here and there won't notice but if you have an area that is heavily used with scratches then the polished look will fade.

As stated though, they do look good when clean and if I had my choice again I would probably still choose them. Black is probably the worst at showing the marks I think.

Lastly, if you do opt for them, Always put a towel under the feet of washing machines etc when moving. I though the rubber feet would be fine.... SCREEEECH!... there was grit stuck to the rubber feet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back