Porcelain Wall Tiles -What adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I am tiling a shower tray and bathroom . The tiles that are selected are a porcelain tile. Areas to be tiled are an existing concrete block wall and an area I have relined with the waterproofed plaster board recommended for shower areas. What tile adhesive should I use since I am concerned with adherence utilising porcelain tiles , the possibility of non absorbtion surfaces etc.
What is the best way to drill a porcelain tile - I have tried a sample and seem to have little effect except if I use a hammer action. Drill wear is also an issue . Cutting via a diamond wheel is ok.
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Hi and welcome to the forum. Have you tried the search facility - all these questions have been well covered.

I guess the drilling as been well covered but as far as the adhesive goes it gets more non cohesive ! :LOL:
Yes it seems to be a mixed pack rather than a ready mix preperation but I am still somewhat confused especially when dealing with various surfaces - some permeable and some I presume non permeable. What is the best mix pack to select? :?:

Sponsored Links
You've lost me - but I'll play ball anyway.... if you're using tiles 30 x 30cm and under, use Bal White Star or Bal Blue Star (these are pre-mixed adhesives). If using larger tiles, use a powdered adhesive suitable for porcelain tiles - any brand will do (apart from unibond - but that's just a personal preference).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back