Porotherm Blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just watched the video on the porotherm website about these blocks.

Has anybody had any experience of them?

I'm not a builder, so thinking from a consumer point of view:

1) If I specify them in my build, am I likely to limit myself in terms of builders willing to do the job?

2) Am I likely to see the efficiency savings passed on in terms of cash savings on the quote?

3) Will I get a better insulated house, without any additional "width" to the wall?

Sponsored Links
I assume given the lack of response that nobody has heard of them or used them. Am I best sticking to traditional methods? I thought this might save me some money, but if nobody has experience of laying them, I doubt they'll lay them any quicker than blocks?

Used them on one job cos the architect thought it was a good idea.. wouldnt recommend them.. hardest part is shipping in a speciallist bricklayer as these things crumble at the slightest touch from a heavy handed uk brickie.. needs a delicate touch..
Also need very solid project management and engineering to coordinate the columns and lintel tie-ins..

Unless you are planning some eco new build to win awards and you have very very deep pockets, i would just go traditional..

Sponsored Links
Thanks static- exactly the kind of feedback I was expecting. A google search only shows marketing bumph, so it's clear they haven't taken off here yet!

I don't have deep pockets and I'm not quite a tree-hugger, so I'll go for standard concrete blocks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back