Positioning of new air vents in flat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going to put an air vent into each room of a flat which currently gets some black mould during the cold snap in winter. There is only one air vent at present and the flat has central heating, double glazing, a shower, a cooker and the tenant's laundry on the radiators, which all adds up to condensation and black mould in the winter. My logic says that the ideal position for the vents is at the top of the walls (hot air rises, or rather cold air displaces it) but the most suitable place would be behind the radiators as the tenants wont be able to block up the vents as easily there. Is there any reason why I shouldn't do this? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You could of course inform the tenants in a registered letter that it is against the contract to cause damage to the flat by causing excessive damp drying their clothes on the rads and charge them for the cost of repair.

More ventilation will reduce the problem but to negate the damp you will have to put in so much ventilation that the flat will be very cold and the tenants no doubt will plug the vents.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back