Positioning of new radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have had a wall knocked down between my kitchen and dinning room and I'm in the process of putting radiators back as I had to remove them as part of the demolition.

I still have a large double - probably 1.5m wide - radiator in the dinning room and I plan to put a tall radiator back in at one end of the kitchen. This will be a modern one with somewhere around 4000-5000 BTU.

I've drawn a rough diagram of the room layout in the link below and I wondered if I should be placing an additional radiator at the starred location near the internal door. I'm wondering if without this, given the shapes of the room I might create a hot area at one end of the kitchen with the area near the internal door getting cold? It would be great to hear your thoughts if possible! Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
What's on the 2.5m wall adjacent to the (I think) external door? Would be a far better balance of heat to put a rad there I would have thought?

There appear to be 2 stars on your diagram so got a little confused with your explanation.

Sorry for being confusing!

The 2.5m wall adjacent to the external door has a large window in it with a sink and cabinets underneath it. The star next to the external door is the location for the modern/vertical radiator. The other star next to the internal door is the one up for debate - do I need it? (all other walls have cabinets against them!).

Thanks for your help!
James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back