Possible damp from a toilet's waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A couple of months ago I poured latex based self levelling compond onto the floor of the downstairs toilet ready to install a new flooring. I was about to install the new flooring at the weekend but noticed that the self levelling was darker around the waste pipe of the toilet. Could this be a leak or rising damp?

I've now held off installing the new floor as I would rather make sure its all good before I do so. Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated. Thanks

There is no visible water dripping on the floor from the toilet itself.

Sponsored Links
There is no visible water dripping on the floor from the toilet itself.

Are you sure it's not condensation? When the toilet is used, it will refill with quite cold water, the cold can cause lots of condensation to form on the outside, which can then drip. Can the toilet be left unused for a few days, to see if it dries up?

Toilet has been unused for weeks as I didn't want the kids missing the target before I'd put down a wipe clean flooring :) No visible drips or water on the pipes above the damp patch. Which on a moisture meter shows over 30% moisture whereas rest of the floor is reading 15%

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back