Toilet waste pipe.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I hope this is in the right section :confused: . We have a downstairs loo in our house which I'm removing (to make a bigger hallway). Problem is the waste goes straight into the ground behind the toilet (concrete floor).

How do I deal with the waste pipe once the toilet is removed? Does it have to be dug out and capped underground? Can it be capped off at surface level? I want to lay laminate on the floor after.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Sponsored Links
Christ I've just paid a builder a huge amount of dosh to put one of them in !!

You'll miss it believe me. Mines only been in a week and I would never go back to just 1 loo upstairs.

I would have thought you could just take it about an inch below floor level, stick a rubber end bung in it and away you go.

There is bound to be some regulation that prevents this.... over to the boys with pencils behind their ears ....

It's alright i've put another one in somewhere else downstairs :D

Rubber bung? Sounds like the kind of thing that might come out :eek:

Sponsored Links
It has the same rubber fittings as a push fit WC connector. The top of the bung is like a cap so it can't fall in. They fit pretty well.

Once you have capped it you can cover it in sand & cement.

You can't pour concrete down it as it will flow straight into the drains and then you really are in the sh*t.

Suggestions from any builders ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back