Possible plumbing error

Did you release any trapped air / hear any gurgling when making the connection ?
Where all other radiators on the system still in isolation mode ,or where they back in circulation ?
Good move anyway !!!!

Sponsored Links
Did you release any trapped air / hear any gurgling when making the connection ?
Where all other radiators on the system still in isolation mode ,or where they back in circulation ?
Good move anyway !!!!
The trapped air always ends up across the 3 rads in the loft conversion so ill bleed them in a mo. Not sure how best to re-plumb the problem rad just yet but at least it can wait until I fit a rad in place of the new join. I had to break the wall open previously anyway when the chippy told me the plumber had removed all the Celotex along his pipe run so I know where to look at least! Ta again :)

Oh and I had all the rads open when doing my final test so I know I can get heat even if two of them have to flow through each other.
I think I might know why the plumber did what he did too. I think he planned for a safety radiator so did a separate circuit but then realised he couldn’t run pipes through a flitch beam so added another rad by coming down from the loft conversion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back