Post-colonial guilt stops UK helping Christians who are being persecuted around the world, bishop sa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As i was perusing my bible the Daily 'Single white' Mail I came across this. Hmm post colonial guilt now that rings a bell.

A feeling of 'post-colonial guilt' and the idea that following Jesus is 'an expression of white western privilege' has hampered the UK in helping persecuted Christians, a bishop says.

The Right Rev Philip Mounstephen, the Bishop of Truro, said Britain had 'something of a blind spot to the persecution of Christians', adding there was a 'real reluctance to see a religious component' in some parts of the world suffering with violence.

In an interview with The Times, before the Easter Sunday Sri Lanka bombings, the bishop, 59, said: 'There is a lot of post-colonial guilt around a residual sense that the Christian faith is an expression of white western privilege.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-persecuted-Christians-world-says-bishop.html

I can think of a handful of you on here who are most definitely not Christians then.

Sponsored Links
Thats all gone over my head (n)(n)

Ive never heard of post colonial guilt........

Sponsored Links
Ive never heard of post colonial guilt........
Quitters don't suffer from such an affliction...

Because they still believe the 'great' british empire days are about to come back again :LOL:

Back