Post woodworm, how best to fill/level?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're working on a project, where the floorboards have previously been attacked by woodworm, the woodworm is gone and the boards are large and still sturdy. We want to fit a carpet, but want to level the floorboards, currently some are fairly deeply damaged and pitted. How is best to go about this?

Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
The total area of damage is about 2 meters long (along the floorboards) and about 3 floorboards wide.

The worst area on one of the floorboards is probably about 1cm deep, about 30cm long and about 5cm wide, if that makes sense.

The building is about 200 years old, but was built very well, so the planks are quite thick. In france funnily enough.

Thanks for your help.

That's a fairly big area since I was thinking of wood-filler.

Is it possible to turn the boards over since the bugs mainly ( per my observation) tend to lay on - and therefore destoy - the top face

Sponsored Links
Yeah, it's quite a large area,

The boards are firmly fixed with origional looking nails, I'd rather not try to take them off if there's an alternative, but it may come to it!

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back